A protein domain is a region of the protein's polypeptide chain that is self-stabilizing and that folds independently from the rest. Each domain forms a compact folded three-dimensional structure. Many proteins consist of several domains. One domain may appear in a variety of different proteins. Molecular evolution uses domains as building blocks and these may be recombined in different arrangements to create proteins with different functions. In general, domains vary in length from between about 50 amino acids up to 250 amino acids in length.The shortest domains, such as zinc fingers, are stabilized by metal ions or disulfide bridges. Domains often form functional units, such as the calcium-binding EF hand domain of calmodulin. Because they are independently stable, domains can be "swapped" by genetic engineering between one protein and another to make chimeric proteins.
- The domain annotation service provided by CD ComputaBio is mainly the process of attaching biological information to a gene or protein sequence.
- The basic level of CD ComputaBio annotation is to use sequence alignment tools to find similarities, and then annotate genes or proteins based on this.
- Nowadays, more and more biological function additional information is added to the annotation system. Additional information allows manual annotation to distinguish genes or proteins with the same annotation. By sequencing many genomes, computational annotation methods for characterizing genes and proteins from their sequences have become increasingly important.
- CD ComputaBio uses gene ontology GO (gene ontology or other functional annotation systems (tools) to analyze protein functions. Then CD ComputaBio provides the statistical distribution of protein functional annotations. Our analysis results can give the overall function distribution of differentially expressed proteins, so that researchers can grasp the correlation between diseases and molecular functions as a whole.
- Solving problems with professional knowledge and creativity.
- Responsive project management.
- Independent route design for molecular biology services and timely execution.
- Complex biological data interpretation.
- Analyze based on the specific characteristics of your target and the related requirement.
|Our service process
- Identifying portions of the genome that do not code for proteins.
- Identifying elements on the genome, a process called gene prediction.
Attaching biological information to these elements.
||Decide according to your needs.
||We provide you with raw data and analysis service.
CD ComputaBio' domain annotation can significantly reduce the cost and labor of the subsequent experiments. Domain annotation is a personalized and customized innovative scientific research service. Each project needs to be evaluated before the corresponding analysis plan and price can be determined. If you want to know more about service prices or technical details, please feel free to contact us.
* It should be noted that our service is only used for research, not for clinical use.